The UK creative sector is made up of a broad range of disciplines:
- Advertising and marketing
- Music, performing and visual arts
- Film, television and radio
- Museums, galleries and libraries
- IT, software and computer services
In March of this year, the government announced that it had teamed up with the Creative Industries Council (a forum which includes leading figureheads from creative and digital industries) to announce a £150 million deal to provide further investment to the creative sector. The ambitious plan aims to consolidate the UK’s status as a ‘global creative powerhouse’, a move which promises exciting times for everyone involved, from those already in the industry to future generations, as well as consumers.
The investment spans across several categories, including: